Koko began life as The Camden Theatre and was opened on Boxing Day 1900 by the famous actress Ellen Terry, with a seating capacity of 1600. In 1909 the theatre was renamed The Camden Hippodrome was a variety theatre where famous names such as Charlie Chaplin appeared. In 1911 film seasons began and it became a proper cinema in 1913. The Camden Palace continued to move with the times and in the 90’s was home to a series of dance nights. It closed in February 2004 for a six-month restoration.
Web Design Agency - Webheads